Hope For Appalachia
This Years Trip is:
Monday, March 26th to Saturday, March 31st.
Well, it is that time again! We are now in the planning stages for the Spring 2018 Trip to Appalachia!
Next Trip Meeting January 18th at New Salem Baptist Church
MOre Meeting Dates and 2018 Information to come.
2017 Trip Information
- Last year we handled logistics and travel prep for the first time and learned a lot!
- Several weeks ago we established a board for Hope for Appalachia and now are a 5013C Non-Profit organization.
- This week we will travel to Lynch, Kentucky to deliver hats and gloves to children in 4 schools in Harlan County.
- We will visit with the Kindergarten children in these schools
- deliver hats & gloves to children in need in the schools
- take prayer requests from children, teachers and staff
- and we will check on at-risk children.
- Saturday we will deliver a 24 foot trailer loaded with clothes to The Freedom Center!
God has accomplished much since last year!
- We will meet for the first time on Saturday, December 10th @ 6:00p.m.
- We will discuss the upcoming trip
- establish work groups for food, music and program.
- review our debrief notes from last year!
- Our second meeting will be January 7th @ 6:00p.m.
- work groups will give updates
- discuss scheduling and delivery of boxes!
- Our third meeting will be January 28th @ 6:00p.m.
- update meeting
- begin taking applications!
Additional meeting dates include:
- February 18th @ 6:00p.m. – training on small group presentation
- March 1st – All Missionary Applications and Fees due to Pastor Mike
- March 15th – All Hope Boxes and Prom Dresses due
- March 11th @ 6:00p.m. – New Traveler Trip Outline and training for presentation
- March 25th @ 6:00 – New Traveler Trip Outline and training for presentation
All Missionaries: If you are a returning missionary or a new missionary to HFA please mark your calendars with these dates and plan on attending to participate in discussion, sharing your testimony and helping us make 2017 a blessing to these children, teachers and staff. Please begin to pray that God will open their hearts and prepare their minds to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ!